The Strategic Objectives for North Herst DSPL are:
- To use North Herts data to identify priorities and needs, and inform strategic responses to identified needs
- Better meet the needs of children and young people with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs by working collaboratively with both behaviour teams in the area and NESSie.
- To identify needs, and provide training and networking opportunities for school staff
- To identify needs, and provide training and networking opportunities for parents and carers
- Support local schools, early years settings, colleges and services to provide quality provision that meets the needs of children and young people with SEN and disabilities
- To ensure the county-wide strategic priorities are included in the plan
- To continue to support the transition of SEND pupils to secondary school
- For Schools and Settings to develop greater skills in order to support our most vulnerable pupils.